Size: 2″ x 3.5″
1) Is there a God? Yes. The alternative is to think everything came from nothing, which is a scientific impossibility. (See EvolutionVsGod.com to learn more.)
2) Does God care about right and wrong? Yes. When a criminal goes free, there is outrage. Is God less just than man?
3) Are God’s standards the same as ours? No. Man only looks at your actions, but God examines your heart. Jesus said, “Whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.” And “whoever hates his brother is a murderer.”
4) Is there a Hell? Yes. It’s a terrible place of torment.
5) Do you avoid Hell by living a good life? No. Imagine a man found guilty of murder stood before a judge in a court of law and asked to go free because he was a “good person” (he supported charities, helped the elderly, etc.). Could that just judge let him go? Of course not; he’s a murderer. No amount of good works can undo his horrible crime. In the same way, we can’t earn Heaven through good works, but we have earned Hell through our sinful deeds (have you ever stolen, lusted, or lied?).
But God, who the Bible says is “rich in mercy,” sent His Son to suffer and die on the cross for guilty sinners. Sinners broke God’s Law, but Jesus took their death sentence. The Bible says, “God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” Hundreds saw Him after His resurrection; it’s no fairy tale. Jesus fulfilled all that was prophesied about the promised Savior (written hundreds of years before His birth) in the Holy Scriptures.
Salvation is a free gift. It cannot be earned by good works or religious rituals. To have your sins forgiven, do what the Bible says: repent and believe. Wholeheartedly commit yourself to trusting in Jesus. Then show your gratitude by obeying His command to be baptized. Make sure to also join a Christian church, and read the Bible daily.